[CM] linux windows question

Landspeedrecord landspeedrecord at gmail.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:06:31 -0500

------=_Part_11311_18636667.1202259991405

Sorry for the late reply on this one... I just now saw the email.

PC midi softsynth:  I was using timidity.  I believe it plays soundfonts
although I only used the piano sound.

Frankly probably a better choice, given your developer needs would be Plogue
Bidule.  They give it out for free intermittantly.  It is pretty powerful
(like a much simpler graphic version of PD/MaxMsp) and it is also a VST host
so you could load all sorts of VST instruments into it - lots of flexibility
that way.  Plus it is cross-platform compatible so you could run it (and any
patches you create in it) on OS X as well.