[CM] linux windows question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 02:35:50 +0100

Hallo,
Rick Taube hat gesagt: // Rick Taube wrote:

> is there a standard ide for c++ on linux? anyone out there use
> CodeBlocks on linux? does it work? do linux distros typically include
> it?

I've nevers seen anyone use CodeBlocks on Linux. Generally there is no
standard IDE on Linux. Some people use editors like Emacs or Vim (I
guess, most do this), some use Eclipse or KDE/Gnome tools. For
building stuff, pretty much everyone relies on standard build tools
like Makefiles, autoconf, SCons or so. Choose your poison. ;)

> can someone point me to a free Windows midi softsynth i can use to
> test midi in/out ? im not having much luck with google.

What about Pure Data?

Ciao