[CM] GraceCL vs. CM v2.11.3

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 27 13:48:29 PDT 2008

this is correct. The name GraceCL means it works with Common Lisp and
it supports the CM2/CLM/CMN/FOMUS common lisp packages.
it should work with the latest svn cm and latest packages of the other
software. If you are happy with Emacs+Slime+CM+CLM then im not sure
what GraceCL would add except plotter and of course sal.

If you want to build GraceCL with everthing loaded into it then after
you build the GraceCL propoer you can install the complete runtime by
doing:
cd build/linux
cp ../install.sh .
./install.sh GraceCL

that will use CURL and SVN to download all the common lisp packages
and install the docs.
Then start the app, configure it for whereever you have sbcl and then
start lisp. that will compile each packages at it gets loaded. i
taught a course last spring with cm + clm in sbcl and it worked great.