[CM] sound-loop-info / mus_sound_loop_info

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Fri, 25 May 2007 11:21:43 -0400

I would agree that reading every sample twice is not ideal. It is of
course possible to avoid that by just reading the new samples and
shifting the old ones over (or to completely avoid copying by using a
circular buffer). The buffering code becomes more complicated.

I tried getting/setting mus-increment on a file->frame gen but it
doesn't seem to support that.

CM> (setf x (make-file->frame "source:pno;18-pno01A0.aif"))
#<file->frame: fil: source:pno;18-pno01A0.aif>
#<file->frame: fil: source:pno;18-pno01A0.aif>
CM> (mus-increment x)
No applicable method for args:
  (#<file->frame: fil: source:pno;18-pno01A0.aif>)
  to #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION MUS-INCREMENT #x87FFF66>
    [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Barring a reworking of the buffer mechanism that supports
multi-direction reading, I guess it would be nice if file->frame,
file->sample, etc. would support mus-increment.