[CM] Newbie learning. . . . CM / CLM-3 / SND / Scheme???

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 25 May 2007 05:18:07 -0700

>  interpreted Scheme (as in Snd currently) is about 30 to 100 times
> slower than CLM instruments using the run macro.

Geez, it's the week for selective quoting -- the very next sentence explains
that the run macro exists now in Snd, and the difference in compute time
is more like a factor of 4 -- even that strikes me as high -- I'll have to
re-run some of my timing tests to see how close it is.  I'll rewrite that
paragraph.  I think Snd is easier to use than the CL versions of clm.
I don't have an extended tutorial for clm -- one is badly needed.
There are lots of example instruments and note lists, and sndscm.html
has individual discussions of each of the clm instruments in Snd (clm-ins
for example).