[CM] sound-loop-info / mus_sound_loop_info

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Thu, 24 May 2007 17:30:26 -0400

I'm trying to use sound-loop-info in clm-3 to determine the start and
end points of loops that are in .aiff files in an existing sample
database.

If I open one of the files in Peak, I can see that the loop is set.
In clm-3 I get the following:

CM>  (sound-loop-info "/Volumes/London
Choir/Samples/Techniques/Vibrato/V01-Vib   D2  -LR" linfo)
NIL
CM> linfo
#(1 2 0 0 38 0 1 0)

The values 1 and 2 seem to indicate something about the loop start
and end, but not the position. The loop start is 61237 samples and
the end is 173001 samples.

It does seem to get the correct base key which is 38 (D2).

If I try an empty .aiff file with no loop information, I get the following:

CM> (sound-loop-info "/Users/mkling/Desktop/empty.aif" linfo)
NIL
CM> linfo
#(0 0 0 0 60 0 0 0)

Is there a straightforward way to get the loop start and end points in samples?

I'm using *clm-date* "14-Feb-07", OpenMCL Version 1.0-p060223
(DarwinPPC32), MacOS X 10.4.

Thanks,

Michael