[CM] Resampling in SND

e deleflie edeleflie@gmail.com
Tue, 22 May 2007 21:53:14 +1000

On 5/22/07, Bill Schottstaedt <bil@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > It is never stated what the first case ('num') is supposed to
> > represent.
>
> Hunh?? The very next sentences are:
>
> "A value greater than 1.0 causes the sound to be transposed up.
> A value less than 0.0 causes the sound to be reversed."

"In the latter case, 'base' sets the segment base (the default is 1.0
= linear). A value greater than 1.0 causes the sound to be transposed
up."

It reads as though that sentence is still describing the 'atter case'
.... it also doesn't state what the number actually represents ....

"A value greater than 1.0 causes the sound to be transposed up." ...
but by how much? .... Kjetil explained it was as a ratio of the
current sample rate. I dont know .... maybe I'm a bit slow when it
comes to reading DSP docs ...

An example that shows how to change the sample rate without
transposing the pitches would be excellent!

Etienne