[CM] GUILE -> Abnormal Exit (snd-rt)

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:25:44 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Esben Stien wrote:

> "Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen@notam02.no> writes:
>
>> A version with those changes is below
>
> Thank you very much;).
>
> I'm wondering, though. Is there any way to retrigger the synth from
> the GUI?.

Yes, there are several ways. There are three examples in rt-examples.scm,
and you can also look at the source for san-dysth,
http://www.notam02.no/~kjetism/sandysth/

> The "Start" and "Stop" is only pausing the graph, but the
> code I have is supposed to be a drum and it's finished quite quickly.

The quickest way would perhaps be to reset the positions of the envelopes:
(mus-reset! amplitude-envelope)
(mus-reset! env-devf)

Note that you should do this within the <rt-play> block, because I don't
know if mus-reset! is thread safe. (?)

> What I'm trying to do, is tweak the variables of the drum, while
> triggering it, preferable over MIDI in the end, but initially from the
> GUI.

If mus-reset! is thread safe, you can call (mus-reset! amplitude-envelope)
and (mus-reset! env-devf) in the start callback function. If not, you can
either just create a new instance, or send a message somehow.