[CM] [Snd] Trouble with JackOSX?

vze26m98 vze26m98@optonline.net
Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:21:52 -0500

Hi all-

I'm curious whether anyone is having/has had trouble (or success) with
building Snd for use with JackOSX? I'm able to do it, but had to hack
some files to get it to work.

(OSX 10.4.8 PPC, Snd 8.9 not CVS, powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1)

I use the following configure:

 ./configure CFLAGS="-I/sw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -lmx
-bind_at_load" GUILE_CONFIG_path=/sw/bin GUILE_CONFIG_
name=guile-1.6-config GUILE_name=guile-1.6 --disable-nls --with-guile
--with-gtk --with-static-xg --with-builtin-gtkrc --with-jack

I find that this defines MUS_JACK and leaves MUS_MAC_OSX and HAVE_JACK
undefined.

I found I needed to link with libsamplerate, but for some reason the
configure file didn't put this in my makefile. I added it manually.

I hacked up _sndlib.h and audio.c, mainly to get certain declarations
working with the above FLAGS.

Also, as I believe OSX doesn't support an RT scheduling priority, I
turned those functions that reference sched_setscheduler into dummy
functions.

Not a pretty job, but so far everything works. I've got Ardour and Snd
gracefully co-existing now!

Very happy, Charles

<vze26m98@optonline.net>