[CM] CM/CLM w. Lispworks

Ralf Mattes rm@seid-online.de
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:54:09 +0200

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 04:38 -0700, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> CFFI is not an option for CLM -- no support for arrays, which is crucial.

What about mem-aref et al.?
 "The mem-aref function is similar to mem-ref but will
  automaticallycalculate the offset from an index."
Or, from an example in the fine (really!) documentation:

 CFFI> (with-foreign-object (array :int 10)
          (dotimes (i 10)
            (setf (mem-aref array :int i) (random 100)))
          (loop for i below 10
                collect (mem-aref array :int i)))
  => (22 7 22 52 69 1 46 93 90 65)

> Also, all the other FFI code already exists, so nothing is gained by adding
> a frail dependency (last change: Sept 2006 -- every time I look,
> for example at sourceforge, it seems that 99% of the projects
> are dead).

Maybe that's because you look at the wrong places? ;-)
CFFI is hosted on common-lisp.net and the last change I saw was this:

 /LISP/cffi$ darcs pull

  [snipp]
 Sat Jul 28 00:16:28 CEST 2007  Luis Oliveira
<loliveira@common-lisp.net>
  * Make libtest work with MSVC8
 Shall I pull this patch? (29/29)  [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y
 Finished pulling and applying.

Doesn't look to smelly too me.
Seriously: CFFI is one of the supported backends for SWIG so i doubt
it'll go stale anytime soon.

 HTH Ralf Mattes