[CM] translating spirals into music CLM

Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:44:37 -0700

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 01:51 -0400, john henry dale wrote:
> Ok, does anyone have any insight on how/what I would use in CLM to
> send panning information to a 5 channel speaker system with a tweeter
> tree speaker sitting above the audience in the center of the room ?

You could also take a look at dlocsig (which comes with clm - wrote it a
long time ago). With it you can define "paths" an object will take when
moving in space and then use dlocsig to render that movement. Dlocsig is
sort of a unit generator you can include in your own instruments. Or you
can use the example soundfile ins to move a soundfile around. It is not
easy to use :-) but it can deal with arbitrary speaker configurations.
It can render using VBAP (amplitude panning) or first order Ambisonics.

-- Fernando