[CM] More XP & CLM

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:23:51 -0600

> The original poster was very clear about his preferences, and we
> should respect those preferences. If the system is supposed to work
> with Windows then his questions are relevant. If it's not going to
> work with Windows, or if the developers can't or won't support it,
> then the developers should just say so. It's not a big deal otherwise.

Since landspeed was using cygwin i thought it was reasonable to
suggest linux. if its not an option, then cm and portmidi and
midishare all work on xp, or at least they should.  cm and most of
the package should work with either clisp or sbcl on xp. really its
more a matter of cffi than the os.

as for clm, its a bit tricker because instruments require a c
compiler and a reasonable shell environment to configure and call it.
im not sure about the availablity of either of those on xp. im not
saying that they arent there, just that i dont know. if they are
there, then its simply a matter of someone that has access and
interest doing a bit of work. thats the great advantage of free
software and a community of folk with intersecting interests.