[CM] [Snd] Success with Fink GTK and JackOSX?

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:38:29 -0800

> but get only as far as the Snd main window,
> unworking menu choices, and numerous complaints in my terminal window.

You inspired me to install gtk (again -- after my previous disk crashed, I never
reinstalled it) and now about an hour later (let's see, gtk needs glib which needs
pkgconfig and gettext, and cairo which needs libpng, freetype, and fontconfig,
and atk and pango and fontconfig needs libxml, and I probably forgot something),
I built Snd with gtk (and guile 1.7.91 -- OSX 10.4.x where x is whatever is
the current version), and as far as I can see, it's all working -- I don't find
any broken menus, and my xterm is silent.  I guess I need more details --
errors during compilation or which menus are bad, etc -- I didn't get any
warnings at load time except one about _locale_charset (from libiconv which I
installed earlier for clisp -- seems not to matter).