[CM] snd scheme question

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 04:45:59 -0800

> easy question - will i lose any functionality from snd by using gauche
> over guile ?

Yes; error handling isn't as good, edit-list->function doesn't work,
and the optimizer ("run") is less versatile.  I think Shiro (the main
Gauche developer) is working on these, so eventually the two versions
should be equally good.  But overall, the Gauche version is not bad --
99% of the time, you won't notice any difference.  You'll need to
load gauche-format.scm and guache-optargs.scm to use
of Snd's .scm files.

(Also Gauche doesn't like the Common-Lisp style of function documentation,
so I had to add the "define+" macro -- there are probably other nits
I've forgotten).