[CM] Re: CM.app (OS X) on intel creating unplayable files

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:24:09 -0800

>	test.aiff, aiff header: chunks confused at 67108884can't play test.aiff (header type: AIFC?)
> Could this be some kind of byte-ordering problem?

Yes -- 67108884 is big-endian 4.  The problem, I think, is that mus-config.h
is packaged pre-built in CM.app, and it comes from a big-endian machine.
I might be able to create a little endian version, but ideally this file should
be written when CLM builds itself (apparently when you first fire up the
application?) -- I don't actually know how these things work on a Mac.
Perhaps it would fix it to leave mus-config.h out (it is built by the configure
script from mus-config.h.in), and make sure configure gets run at the
CLM build time.