[CM] question about SBCL and CLG

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:24:25 -0500

Greetings:

I have a Lisp-oriented problem that's got me very confused. I want to
build and run the latest version of Open Music for Linux (0.5.something,
I think), I have all the pieces in place, including these lines in
~/.sbclrc :

(require 'asdf)

(setf
 (logical-pathname-translations "clg")
 '(("**;*.*.*" "/home/dlphilp/src/clg/**/")))

(push
(translate-logical-pathname "clg:systems;")
asdf:*central-registry*)

;;; (require 'gtk)

SBCL 1.0.12 starts fine, so I try to build CLG according to its
instructions :

dlphilp@The3800:~/src/clg> sbcl
This is SBCL 1.0.12, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.

* (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :gtk)

debugger invoked on a ASDF:MISSING-COMPONENT in thread #<THREAD "initial
thread" {A6FB719}>:
 component "gtk" not found

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
 0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(ASDF:FIND-SYSTEM :GTK T)
0]

I wrote to Karim Haddad about the problem, but so far he hasn't resolved it.

SBCL needs callback support for building CLG. Am I correctly assuming
that version 1.0.12 has it ? Or do I need to add it ?

The GTK1 and GTK2 development packages are installed correctly. I've
compiled other programs that use them.

Any suggestions or further advice ?

Best,

dp