[CM] Receiving from portmidi

Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:34:51 -0800

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 06:31 -0600, Rick Taube wrote:
> yes, i see that the docs were not updated. im sorry, this somehow
> fell through the cracks.

What I posted was me actually _using_ the now supossedly old, outdated
API that was referenced to in the documentation in a checkout from last
week svn.

If I do "(set-receiver! hook stream)" as in the examples it works (or
tries to work). It does _not_ say something like "set-receiver unknown
function" or an even more informative message like "this is an obsolete
API call". As far as I can tell, the code that is called is incomplete
as I outlined in my previous message which you should have read. It
either should work or not be there at all.

I must be missing something very basic.

If that is an old API, why can I still execute it from a fresh svn
checkout? From my point of view it looks like fragments of the old API
are still in place in the source code and, of course, are not working
correctly. It is not just the documentation, it is the code as well
AFAICT.

BTW, the docs in sourceforge are still saying I can happily use
"set-receiver!" in my code.

-- Fernando

[BTW and off topic: what do we use, cvs or svn? The docs here:
  http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/install.html
still tell the unwary visitor to use cvs, which still works!, ie: the
person will be able to access and compile an old version, if svn is the
current option to use]