[CM] Receiving from portmidi

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:49:12 +0100

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 11:33 -0600, Rick Taube wrote:
> > Is this available in a VC system somewhere? I've an old version of
> > portmidi from
>

> Not at the moment, you can get them from the release page. The reason
> is this:
>   After I swithced to svn i checked in cm and grace and then stopped
> checking things in because i think i messed up how im supposed to do
> multiple modules using svn. (and yes i read the docs, several times...)

I see. I'm not too keen about SVN's way of organizing larger projects.

> right now i have a single trunk with multiple projects, ie this is
> what's in svn now:
>
> http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/trunk/cm
> http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/trunk/grace
>
> but after working with it i think what i (probably) should have done is:
>
> http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/cm/trunk/
> http://commonmusic.svn.sf.net/svnroot/commonmusic/grace/trunk/
>
> If i did this wrong then I have  have sourceforge wipe out my current
> repository and then i have to try to install from a svndump again,
> which takes some time...So Ive been waiting for the winter break to
> figure out what is the right way to do this is.

Probably not use SourceForge ... ;-) I somehow get the impression that
for many projects SF seems to create more trouble than value.

> it hasnt been such an issue since im only actually working on grace
> now and the other code is stable. it seems like just putting them on
> the release page until i know what to do was the easiest thing to do.

I can live with that. Since I'm trying to wrap your code into
(Debian/Ubuntu) packages I appreciate some kind of VC to keep track of
your changes vs. mine ...

> if anyone out there knows what the best way to have multiple modules
> in sourceforge please let me know.

Cheers, RalfD