[CM] Building applications with CM?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 09:33:58 -0500

On Sep 9, 2006, at 9:17 AM, David Kamp wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response. Juce looks really interesting,
> allthough i never tried C++ until now...
> But what i meant by the "things to pass on to my frieds to play
> around with" were "finished applications" that do just a simple task.
> Let me put it that way: I programm something in CM thats generates
> MIDI Drumloops  for example.
> And now i want to turn this into a small little app, that does just
> this, with maybe 3 Number boxes/sliders with parameters,
> a nice knob called "generate" and thats it.
> Is this possible? And what would i need to do it?
> Thanks,
> David.

its certainly possible right now if you have gtk installed on your
machine and use either openmcl, sbcl or cmucl. you can see all the
widgets you require in the graphics on this page:

	http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/dict/cmio-topic.html

info on cm-gtk is here:

	http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/install.html#cm-gtk

look in cm-gtkl/cmio.lisp for how do do it.

perhaps an even easier way would be to create a MENU of such items
and add it to Emacs's lisp-mode with calls to cm that do what you want.
look in cm/etc/xemacs/cm.el for how to make an Emacs menu and send
commands to CM from an emacs buffer.