[CM] Re: Real-time CLM

rm@tuxteam.de rm@tuxteam.de
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:36:45 +0000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:10:32PM -0400, David O'Toole wrote:

> Thanks for the tip... I've got an athlon xp, so this will be perfect!
>
> I'll begin experimenting with the realtime stuff and keep you posted.
>
> By the way, I have a preliminary screenshot of the Common Lisp UI
> library I am building, in particular the dataflow subclasses that I
> will use to build graphs that control Snd behind the scenes. You'll
> probably recognize the look :-)
>
> It's in a very preliminary phase, I've only been working on it for
> about 2 days, but here is the link:
>
> http://dto.freeshell.org/notebook/ClFrame.html
>
> CL-FRAME is designed to be able to control multiple other programs, so
> it could conceivably have targets other than Snd. For example, Emacs.

Just out of curiosity: to me it looks a bit like you reinvent the wheel
- why don't you base your application on the fine McCLIM framework.
  You'd get all sorts of widgets for free, _including_ a cool Lisp
Listener/REPL and graph drawing widgets. From what i understand you seem
to go for some kind of presentation based user interface (a.k. Lisp
Machines or CLIM). McCLIM gives you all of this (and a promising Emacs
clone in Common Lisp).

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes