[CM] Re: DAC Size (Snd-8.5)

Esben Stien b0ef@esben-stien.name
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:15:19 +0100

"Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen@notam02.no> writes:

> Did you by any chance upgrade snd the last two weeks?

No, that's the strange part.

> can you try an earlier version?

I even went back to Snd-8.1, but still the same. It's so weird, cause
all my other JACK applications runs fine and I run almost the whole
list;). The even weirder part is the Snd-8.1 used to work fine, but
now, whenever I try to play anything in Snd, it freezes the whole
system up while playing and the sound filled with dropouts.

> I did a very small change in the jack code for about two weeks ago

It can't be that;).

> ask on the linux-audio-user list.

The message indicates that Snd is asking for a priority higher than
what I'm allowed to set it to, according to Paul Davis. He also
wonders why Snd is running its own watchdog.

I've seen this message before, I believe, and I don't really think
it's related, but what realtime priority is Snd asking for?.

I've now tested with ALSA, but I don't think I've ever run Snd with
ALSA. It gives me:

Illegal argument: default: cannot set buffer size to 3 periods of 1
frames; total requested buffer size is 3 frames, minimum allowed is 7,
maximum is -2095944041

I have RME Multiface II.

This is an unrelated problem, however.

Only thing I can think of now, that I've upgraded, is the kernel, but
I doubt it. I'm running 2.6.18-rt1

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m