[CM] Re: DAC Size (Snd-8.5)

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:16:37 +0100 (CET)

Esben Stien:

> Lately, I've been having big problems playing anything without
> dropouts in Snd.
>
> I use:
>
> (set! (dac-size) 2048)
>
> , but I've even tried:
>
> (set! (dac-size) 16384)
>
> to little use. I get a long list of:
>
> Warning. 933 frames delayed
>
> ..and very choppy audio.

Did you by any chance upgrade snd the last two weeks? In case, can you
try an earlier version?

I did a very small change in the jack code for about two weeks ago which
was supposed to decrease the number of dropouts, but I could have made a
mistake. (happened a lot lately for some reason)

And, does alsa and/or oss drop out as well? Please test...

> I've also seen:
>
> SNDLIB: Unable to set SCHED_RR realtime priority for the watchdog
> thread. No watchdog

Thats not good. Better ask on the linux-audio-user list. I still use the
realtime-lsm module instead of that new system, and it works just great.