[CM] Re: [PD] Snd as a pd external documentation.

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:30:18 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, David Plans Casal wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2006, at 21:09, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> This would allow you to write bonafide Pd objects in snd.  What language
>> they are written in would be transparent to the user.  They would behave
>> just like objects.  They could be bundled into libraries, they would work
>> with the system path settings, they would work in the newly developing
>> namespace, they could have their own help patches, etc. etc.
>
> So this means that because snd work can be written in Ruby, we could write
> bonafide PD objects in ruby-snd?

Actually, sorry, you can't combine the --with-ruby switch and the
--with-snd-as-pd-external switch when compiling up snd. Theres no ruby
interface to pd in snd. (gridflow?)