[CM] snd-gtk-alsa "alsa_audio_open: could not set rate to exactly 44100, set to 3200 instead"

Jonathan Murphy typetosmurky@yahoo.com.au
Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:43:19 -0500

You might want to try the current stable version of the alsa drivers,
1.0.10.
The quirks file is in your kernel source directory, under
../sound/usb/usbquirks.h and/or in the alsa_drivers package in the
same directory. Your device is in there. It's just a header file that
should be called during compilation. It should enable advanced
mode. If you've just installed prebuilt versions of everything chances
are something got skipped, so you should build and install the current
stable version of alsa, installing only the drivers you need, (which
has the added benefit of reducing the number of unused modules floating
around on your system).
Is "every other app" going through a sound server, esd or arts
or whatever, using the dmix plugin? Depending on the options with
which you compiled snd, this could be causing your problem. If there's
a sound server running (other than JACK, I mean) then you have a (mostly) useless layer of
cruft in between your real audio apps and your hardware. Disable it or
(preferably) remove it altogether. If there is no sound server, and
you have the simplest possible ~/.asoundrc, then it will be easier to
get to the bottom of the issue. I think.
Jonathan.