[CM] snd-gtk-alsa "alsa_audio_open: could not set rate to exactly 44100, set to 3200 instead"

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:06:33 -0800

I think the segfault is fixed now; I also made a few changes to audio.c, pending
Fernando's approval: the default ALSA device is now "default", so Snd should
behave more like other players, but experts can still use "hw" if they want;
the environment variable names now use "MUS", not "SNDLIB" -- MUS_ALSA_DEVICE
for example, to be consistent with all the other sndlib names;
there are scheme/ruby variables for all the settings (mus-alsa-device, etc),
but I haven't had time yet to add bullet-proof error checks.

It is not impossible that the 0 srate was a leftover from the old alsa calling
squences -- I've added HAVE_NEW_ALSA to the configuration process, and
updated all the calls to reflect 1.0.9.