[CM] cm tries to recompile rt.lisp on startup?

Bill Sack bsack23@gmail.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:30:51 -0400

------=_Part_14662_2734198.1155069051003

i can now start cm & slime in xemacs ... almost ...
on startup, cm tries to recompile rt.lisp for some reason. when running as
normal user that fails since my cm directory is not writable for normal
users - i can successfully start cm as root from emacs with 'M-x cm'

a suggestion - i'm having a hard time getting used to cm/slime - would it be
possible at some point to include a command-line switch that allows cm to
run as a emacs process without slime? i tried for a couple of hours today to
disable it by hacking around, but had no luck.

ohyeah, i'm using cmucl 19c, cm 2.9.1 from recent snapshot on fc3 linux

all best,
bill

------=_Part_14662_2734198.1155069051003

i can now start cm &amp; slime in xemacs ... almost ...<br>
on startup, cm tries to recompile rt.lisp for some reason. when running
as normal user that fails since my cm directory is not writable for
normal users - i can successfully start cm as root from emacs with 'M-x
cm' <br>
a suggestion - i'm having a hard time getting used to cm/slime - would
it be possible at some point to include a command-line switch that
allows cm to run as a emacs process without slime? i tried for a couple
of hours today to disable it by hacking around, but had no luck.<br>
ohyeah, i'm using cmucl 19c, cm 2.9.1 from recent snapshot on fc3 linux<br>
all best,<br>
bill<br>

------=_Part_14662_2734198.1155069051003--