[CM] Re: Cmdist digest, Vol 1 #1004 - 2 msgs

Pam & Harold Norris phnorris@verizon.net
Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:54:59 -0400

cmdist-request@ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:

>Message: 2
>From: "Bill Schottstaedt" <bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
>To: Pam & Harold Norris <phnorris@verizon.net>, cmdist@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
>Subject: Re: [CM] snd 8.3
>Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 04:18:02 -0700
>
>I would take the recorded sound, and swap channels around, rather than
>changing the recorder setup, but you can also set the volume of
>each input channel as it is sent to any output channel using
>recorder-in-amp.  To put what is (by default) channel 1 in channel 3
>instead,
>
>(set! (recorder-in-amp 1 3) 1.0)
>(set! (recorder-in-amp 1 1) 0.0)
>
>I thought you could do this at initialization time, but when I tried
>it today, it didn't work.  Until this bug is fixed, you can put all
>such settings in a function, and call that to start the recorder.
>
>(define (start-recorder)
>   (recorder-dialog) ; starts the recorder
>   (set! (recorder-in-amp 1 3) 1.0)
>  ;; etc
>)

Thanks for your help, Bill.

If I open the listener and type in each line i.e. (set! (recorder-in-amp
1 3) 1.0) I can get the desired results.

HOWEVER, if I put them into a .scm file and load it with snd using the
-l command, snd loads the file.  I then go into the listener and type in
start-recorder <enter>
The listener displays all of the data within the file BUT DOES NOT do
anything.

What am I doing wrong???

Also to respond to your first comment about swapping the channels
around, I must have misstated what I really meant.

What I have when I start up SND and then hit the Record button is this:
I have 4 sets of 2 channels including 2 vu meters.  Below that I have
the output section which is 8 channels with 8 vu meters.  On the top I
have 2 vu meters (the first sound card) labeled 1 and 2  below them are
the 2 sliders also 1 to 1 gain 1 and 2 to 2  gain 1 the other gains are
set to zero.  OK so far.  The next section down I have 2 more vu meters
(the second sound card) labeled 1 and 2.  Just below these are 2 sliders
also 1 to 1 gain 1 and 2 to 2  gain 1 the other gains are set to zero.
What I need is to have these 2 outputs go to channels 3 and 4.  Below
the second section is the third section exactly the same with the
outputs going to channels 1 and 2 instead of 5 and 6.

What is happening is all sound cards (4 of them) are being mixed
together instead of being kept separate.

Like I said above, your "fix" works just fine when I put each command
into the listener, but I am unable to get to work any other way.

Harold

.