[CM] Snd + Gauche

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 04:51:14 -0700

 > guile, gauche and stklos are very similar to each other so porting from one to the other was easy.

I have made a few changes to the *.scm files in Snd so that both Gauche and
Guile could use them -- '#! !#' is now '#| |#' -- I like the Gauche/CL way
better, and it's easy to add a "block comment" reader to Guile via
read_hash_extend;  '#:' is now ':' to make Gauche happy; two added files:
gauche-optargs.scm and gauche-format.scm, both lightly edited versions
of the Guile files (for "define*" and a reasonable "format"); and a bunch
of renamings etc (in snd-xen.c), in particular "defmacro".  Also, in Gauche/Snd
currently the channel-specific hooks (undo-hook etc) don't work, errors
are a mess, etc etc -- this version is still for good-sports only!

I need to send the gauche developers some requests (like reader support
for #\000 and a change to gauche-config, and support for documentation
strings (a la CL) -- in the current *.scm sources, I'm using "define+"
to strip out that string in Gauche if there's an embedded "define").