[CM] which lisp

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:33:17 -0800 (PST)

The reason for scheme is that snd's extension language is guile/scheme.
Snd-rt is heavely tied to SND, of course.

Yes, it provides realtime CLM. Its a little bit like supercollider
(supercollider.sf.net), but with more direct control of the samples since
its not processing the sound on a separate server, or in blocks (ie. there
is no difference between sample-rate and control-rate).

Hmmm, I think you can use the compositional facilities of CM. One
way is to use CM inside SND (thats just loading the cm.scm file in snd),
and use its functions to schedule realtime snd-rt events.

Second option (which is a lot better regarding realtimeness) is
to run CM using SBCL and sending midi-events to SND-RT, since SND-RT
can receive midi inside the realtime thread:
http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/doc/snd-rt/html/rt-Z-H-6.html#node_sec_5.9
(And adding support for OSC isn't much work to implement, in case it
should be needed.)