[CM] Re: 4-channel playback in clm-3 (OS X)

Jake Rundall rundall@uiuc.edu
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:13:58 -0500

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I figured out what I was doing wrong with the 4-
channel playback in clm-3.  It turns out that dac/sndplay does indeed work with
4-channel .aiff -- I simply didn't have my MOTU hooked up as I was testing it.  I
was operating on the incorrect assumption that dac would play the file even if
my computer output was not set up to do it.   I also didn' realize that dac was
trying to let me know that this was the problem.  Anyway, everything's working
perfectly.

Incidentally, I'm still interested in learning about the option of working with
ambisonics.  So, if anyone can let me know where to go to start learning about
this, please let me know.  Specifically, What kind of file format does
ambisonics use? and How does one write an ambisonics file?  How does one play
back an ambisonics file?

Thanks, and sorry for my confusion.

Jake Rundall