[CM] sndplay on tiger?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:26:06 -0500

I just installed clm-3 on all 15 new g5s in my lab, works great except
for sndplay. (mus-audio-describe) is returning NIL without printing
anything. The only thing I can think of is that the Lab is running
Tiger (10.4) while my machines at home and in my office run 10.3.9
where sndplay works, even out my motu.
we are using m-audio firewire interfaces in the lab and these are
selected in the usual way in core audio. Ive tried  switching to the
internal speakers but im not getting sound out there either from
sndplay.  so im wondering if its an issue with sndplay and Tiger rather
than sndplay and the m-audio.  Is anyone running clm-3 on tiger with
sound output working?