[CM] Visual Music in NYC Call for Submission

Carl Edwards carl.boingie@verizon.net
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:16:41 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3216122201_1023690_MIME_Part

Please forgive the cross-posting:

Call for Submissions
(Please forward this email)

The New York Digital Salon is seeking submissions for the Abstract Visual
Music project. Current plans include an online image and webcast exhibition=
,
along with public screenings, lectures, and other events. Images depicting
abstract visual music are being sought, along with time-based work, i.e.
Quicktime movies, Flash animations, DVDs, videotapes, etc. All work must be
in digital format. Essays and artist statements on the creation, theory, an=
history of abstract visual music will also be considered for the website, a=
well as possible publication in our catalog. Visual music artworks and
installations will also be considered. Software and hardware that allows fo=
the creation of abstract visual music is also being considered and
programmers are invited to submit their work. There is no entry fee.

The preliminary deadline is February 1, 2006. Please email submissions to
avm@nydigitalsalon.org, or mail them to

Diane Field, Assistant Director,
New York Digital Salon, c/o MFA Computer Art Department,
209 E. 23 St., New York, NY 10010, USA.

All submissions must use the NYDS Submissions Form (.PDF), which includes
the artist's name, address, phone number, email, title, year completed,
medium, and other relevant details about the artwork. Click here to view.
Mailed submissions with a self-addressed stamped envelope will be returned.
For further information, please contact Diane Field, Assistant Director,
=A0New York Digital Salon dianefield@nydigitalsalon.org or call 212-592-2532.

Our Call for Submissions is in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). In
order to view, print, and fill out our forms, you will need to use the
latest version of Acrobat Reader (version 5 or later). Acrobat Reader can b=
downloaded free from the Adobe Website.

http://www.nydigitalsalon.org/11/intro.htm

--MS_Mac_OE_3216122201_1023690_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Visual Music in NYC Call for Submission</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BR>
Please forgive the cross-posting:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"6"><B>Call for Submissions</B></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><B>(Please forward this email)</B></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
The New York Digital Salon is seeking submissions for the Abstract Visual M=
usic project. Current plans include an online image and webcast exhibition, =
along with public screenings, lectures, and other events. Images depicting a=
bstract visual music are being sought, along with time-based work, i.e. Quic=
ktime movies, Flash animations, DVDs, videotapes, etc. All work must be in d=
igital format. Essays and artist statements on the creation, theory, and his=
tory of abstract visual music will also be considered for the website, as we=
ll as possible publication in our catalog. Visual music artworks and install=
ations will also be considered. Software and hardware that allows for the cr=
eation of abstract visual music is also being considered and programmers are=
 invited to submit their work. There is no entry fee. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
The preliminary deadline is February 1, 2006. Please email submissions to <=
FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>avm@nydigitalsalon.org</U></FONT>, or mail them to &=
nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
Diane Field, Assistant Director, &nbsp;<BR>
New York Digital Salon, c/o MFA Computer Art Department, <BR>
209 E. 23 St., New York, NY 10010, USA. <BR>
<BR>
Digital Salon <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>dianefield@nydigitalsalon.org</U></FO=
NT> or call 212-592-2532. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
Our Call for Submissions is in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). In ord=
er to view, print, and fill out our forms, you will need to use the latest v=
ersion of Acrobat Reader (version 5 or later). Acrobat Reader can be downloa=
ded free from the Adobe Website. <BR>
<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.nydigitalsalon.org/11/intro.htm</U></FO=
NT> <BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3216122201_1023690_MIME_Part--