[CM] cm/supercollider working

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Thu, 5 May 2005 03:10:50 -0400

Very cool. Tried out the SuperCollider stuff on OSX and it working
well. It will take me a while to absorb it all, but this looks like
it will be extremely useful. Big thanks to Todd and Rick.

I'm curious about the comment in the example file:
	More sophisticated support for envelope conversion will be forthcoming.

What are some of the plans in this area? Two ideas that come to mind:
support for curved EnvGen segments

another thing that might be cool would be some syntactic sugar to
hide the extra step of setting the node control values. scsynth
definitions in cm could take scalar or array (or list) values. Those
that are lists could then output the appropriate n_setn messages.
Actually this looks pretty easy to do -- just make a new class
scenvsynth and then implement a new write-event method. I guess it
wouldn't really be possible to re-import this from and .osc file,
however.

Michael