[CM] New ports of CM

Carl Edwards carl.boingie@verizon.net
Tue, 03 May 2005 21:09:35 -0400

> From: Rick Taube <taube@uiuc.edu>
> Subject: [CM] New ports of CM
>
> While Im at it, I might as well say that Ive ported CM to several other
> Lisps, this is all working right now in CVS:
>
> (...)
> LispWorks (personal edition)
> This was easy, but ive only tested it on OSX.
>
> (...) I dont know if its Corman or Widnows XP or CM, but now that
> CM has gone thorough so many CL compilers I doubt that its anything
> that CM is doing. But im done with the Control-Alt-Delete world and if
> i never see the garish colors and bulbous graphics of XP again it will
> be too soon. It looks like it was designed by the Teletubbies and I say
> let them have it. If anyone wants to get the cm port actually running
> in Corman I will send the corman.lisp file to them.
> --rick

LOL! Well, I guess that leaves you out of this query.... ;-)

Does anyone, by chance know whether it's possible to use the plotting
functions of CM in the LispWorks PE on WinXP?

Is it likely, or impossible? Should I try downloading and setting it up or
should I just wait for one of those new 2 GHz, 20" G5 iMacs to drop into my
budget? CM works fine in Clisp, but it would be fun to plot!

Any advice appreciated,

Carl Edwards