[CM] Re: update re: CM/Linux/MidiShare

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:16:01 -0600

Sorry, I should have had a second cup of coffee before responding this
morning. The error you got is not a bug.  I think the "high" and "low"
level is not made clear enough on the Midi topic page. Specifically,
ms:new makes "alien" c objects that are not part of Lisp's type system
and so they cannot be hooked into the high-level event handling.  Put
another way, the only thing that can really use midishare allocated
things is midishare itself. So you can create them in Lisp and you can
also send/receive them directly to/from midishare but nothing else.