[CM] a cmio question

Dave Phillips dlphillips@woh.rr.com
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:20:09 -0500

Rick Taube wrote:

> Yes. all you have to do is define a lisp variable to hold your header
> string or list and then
> use the #.var feature in the header buffer:
>
> (setq myheader "big long hairy string")
> (cmio)
> and then put #.myheader  in the "Header:" field, ie on the csound page
> do:
>
>         Header: [ #.myheader                     ]
>
> i think you can specify a list off strings and the .sco file should
> handle that as well.
>
> (setf myheader (list "fi..." "f2..." ))
> (cmio)
> #.myheader
>
> any field with a WHITE background should let you do the #.var trick.

Too cool. Works perfectly, and I can revise it on the fly. Neat, thanks
for the clue. :)

> so do you want me to add a tempo field? i can do that too, on the same
> line i guess.

I started thinking about this and decided that I want to think about it
a little more. I'm not sure adding anything is necessary, now that I
know the #.var feature, and I'm not sure how you could incorporate the
Csound score notion of sections, section repeats, and section tempo
control into the cmio GUI without clutter. Gotta think about it...

Thanks for the help !

Best,

dp