[CM] question on audio distributions, CCRMA or Agnula, others?

marco trevisani marco@trevisani.net
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:29:26 -0400

Alle 12:02, mercoledì 02 marzo 2005, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky  ha scritto:
|  marco trevisani wrote:
|  >Now i trow a little rock in the lake to see the reactions...:-))
|  >I havent used cm from the middle of 90s, i like it, but i should go back
|  > and study it again, and free time is now distributed in little
|  > drops...though i have a ..."dream" ...
|  >It would be amazing if it would be possible to integrate an animation
|  > tool such as povray scripts into cm so to be able to right
|  > audio/animation algorhythmic compositions.....i found, by seraching the
|  > web, that someone, years ago wrote some lisp code for povray. I think it
|  > would be amazing... Ok i have also the second stage of the dream...It
|  > would be greater to integrate scripts like dvdauthor and encoders,
|  > ffmpeg, transcode, so to compose audio and animation and then have them
|  > eoncoded and recorded on a dvd...
|  >ok ok, it was just a dream...:-)
|
|  Well ... from what I've seen in the list of packages available in Debian
|  (and Gentoo) that work with Common Lisp, putting something like this
|  together doesn't look all that difficult if you are a CM and Common Lisp
|  expert. Of course, you can always execute command-line tools in a Lisp
|  function, right? :)

Yes indeed, this is particularly true for the second part, encoders etc.
that are very easy to call via command line (dvdauthor reads and generates xml
scripts).
A different story would be for povray, which integration would be similar, on
the conceptual side
 to csound whitin cm. Infact, a part for the final step, the command line to
invoke in order to excecute some scripts, all the calls for the scripts
(lights, camera, reflections, objects, textures etc.) should somehow imported
into cm in order to write them in lisp, Yes indeed this work would be rather
tedious than complicated....

 ciao,
 marco

  marco trevisani
  http://marco.trevisani.net       marco@trevisani.net
  Neither MS-Word nor MS-PowerPoint attachments please (use rtf)
  Please DO NOT store my e-mail in your OUTLOOK express addressbook
  "Malditas sean las guerras y los canallas que las hacen"  J.Anguita