[CM] question on audio distributions, CCRMA or Agnula, others?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb@cesmail.net
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:32:53 -0800

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>There is no CM package in Debian/Demudi yet, but there is interest to
>incorporate it. As Debian has a full assortment of LISPs and Schemes,
>installing CM from CVS/source is no big problem, if you follow the
>instrucitons on the CM site. However of course a .deb would be nicer.
>Any help would be highly welcome over on the AGNULA lists.

Gentoo already has packaged "cm", but they took the coward's way out and
just used the Scheme version under Guile. At my instigation, they are
re-packaging it to use their version of the Debian
"common-lisp-controller". A Debian source package should be easy once
the CLC work is done. I've also requested "clm" and "cmn" and a combined
"cm/clm/cmn" package. I'd take a shot at the packaging myself if I knew
anything about how to use the "common-lisp-controller". Is there
documentation on it somewhere?

Besides, can't you install from an RPM on Debian (and Gentoo)? Does
there need to be a ".deb" for a package to make it into AgNuLa?