[CM] sprouts & closure in CM

Carl Edwards carl.boingie@verizon.net
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:29:36 -0400

> i should probably (re)implement a container like the old Thread class that
> would
> process each subcontainer and generates all items before moving on to the next
> subcontainer. the problem is that there is no 'rhythm slot for relative time
> values and I havent quite figured out how to fold this into object-time
> (absolute) time values. any ideas welcome!

I'm not very knowledgeable about containers, but...would this be something
like a flag that makes one "tactus-adherent"? Certain options would only
work in heirarchies of containers where this flag ON. If it is then a slot
would contain the number of beats (or whatever) the (sub) container fills.

I can imagine this making the use/definition of rests, in certain cases a
little more intuitive-- though maybe I'm only displaying my ignorance here.

Carl