[CM] sprouts & closure in CM

taube@uiuc.edu taube@uiuc.edu
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:37:44 -0500

>   So I find myself wanting to (1) decouple the calling and sprouted
>   functions; and (2) be able to pass values back from the latter to the
>   former. Condition (2) would enable me for example, to use the last
>   pitch in some random sprout as the starting pitch to the next sprout
>   (thereby letting me form feedback chains etc).

i think i see what you want to do: so your main process wants to sprout, then
wait until the sproutee stops and "returns" a value, then the main function
continues on using that value to sprout a new process, and so on?
ill have to think about this, currently processes are lisp functinos called by a
scheudler; ie there is no place to return values to.

im thinking perhaps a realtime scheduler might be able to do this more easily,
ie the caller sprouts and then waits for some condition to arise.