[CM] xm.so

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 04:58:13 -0700

All the docs and *.scm files are out-of-date --
I changed that function name to Init_libxm (so that
Ruby and Guile used the same name), then apparently
wandered off to some other task and completely forgot
about it.

But with that change, you shouldn't get the "scm_makdbl"
message -- did you use the same config.h for building
Snd and xm.so?  Is this a more-or-less-recent version
of Snd?  (I think what happened is that dlopen returned
an error message (= hxm), which confused dlinit -- the
real error involves scm_makdbl).

This sequence worked for me just now (Guile 1.6.4):

./configure
make
make xm
./snd
(define hxm (dlopen "/user/b/bil/snd-7/xm.so"))
(dlinit hxm "Init_libxm")

You can also use --with-static-xm to configure.