[CM] Re: How to call snd functions within Guile modules?

Milan Zamazal pdm@brailcom.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:46:35 +0100

    BS> Snd's functions are placed in the default module (guile-user, I
    BS> think), but not exported from it.  To export them by default
    BS> doesn't seem like the "right thing" -- there are more than 1000
    BS> such names, and it seems to me that if you're creating your own
    BS> module, you want as little such stuff around as possible.  So,
    BS> perhaps the answer is to export just the names you want:

    BS> (export new-sound)
    BS> (define-module...)

Thank you, Bill, this is exactly what I needed to know.  BTW, the export
like above doesn't make the function accessible (perhaps snd/guile
starts with another module than guile-user), but the following works
perfectly:

    (define-module (foo)
      :use-module (guile-user)

Regards,