[CM] Re: compile problem with up-to-date CVS CM

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:39:11 -0600

ok  i think this line in cm-gtk/cm-gtk.asd is causing the probelm:

   :depends-on (cm)

comment that line out!

my guess you are loading from .cminit.lisp or cm.lisp -- ie your load
is invoked under the load-system for cm itself. My  -- apparently
incorrect -- assumption was that the :depends-on would not actually
trigger a sytem load if, in fact, the dependancy were already
resolkved, ie that cm was already loaded. but that does  not appear to
be the case, so you go into this enless loop: cm loads cm-gtk; cm-gtk
loads cm ....

if you delete that line it should load up.

ill make a new archive later this afternoon.
sorry about the confusion -- ive only been testing at the repl!