[PD-announce] Re: [CM] SND as a pd-external.

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:07:11 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> hi kjetil,
>
>> Theres only realtime data-processing accessible via
>> outlets/inlets/bindings for now, but realtime sound-processing is
>> coming up soon as well. And of course, you can send messages to SND
>> to do all kinds of things that SND provides, like playing files and
>> stuff. (stuff=to much to be able to mention in one sentence)
>
> now, this looks pretty promising ... do you think, it would be possible
> to access pd's buffers with snd functions?

Yes, I'm sure thats should be possible. A quick hack I think might
work is:
1. Create a vct in snd
2. Protect it from being garbage collected. (scm_gc_protect or something)
3. Free the float* data, and put in a pointer to the pd-buffer instead.

I'm going to look closer at this after my exams. :-)