[CM] cm and supercollider

Joshua Parmenter joshp@u.washington.edu
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:34:12 -0800

Perhaps there is a way to create the synthdefs themselves in CM? It
seems to me that if there were a way to interface the classdefs in SC
(All ugen definitions at least), then write the synthdefs out
directly from CM, then the cm class wrappers could also be auto
generated (as Johannes Quint mentioned). If CM is going to work well
with SC, it would be great to eliminate the need for starting SC in
the first place to create the SynthDefs. If this is of interest for
the CM package, I can look more at the SC source to see what is
needed to load a SynthDef to the server as a binary OSC file.

Just an idea, and one that I imagine wouldn't be a quick build... but
this would bring CM and its SuperCollider functions much closer
together, and would allow CM to become more of an SC client then just
a score writer / OSC controller.

Josh

Joshua Parmenter
joshp@u.washington.edu
Post-Doctoral Research Associate - Center for Digital Arts and
Experimental Media
Raitt Hall - University of Washington
Seattle, Washington 98195

http://www.dxarts.washington.edu