[CM] Re: cannot run cm script on Linux SBCL

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:57:31 -0700

 > I have 0.9.3 running, packaged from source for FC4, on which distro were
 > you trying?

FC4 -- I guess the answer is to keep trying -- here I am
typing in a shell, with interspersed unprintable commentary:

/home/bil/cmn/ /home/bil/test/sbcl-0.9.3-x86-linux/src/runtime/sbcl --core /home/bil/test/sbcl-0.9.3-x86-linux/output/sbcl.core
This is SBCL 0.9.3, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" {90043E9}>:
   Invalid external-format
internal error #29
     SC: 14, Offset: 4   lispobj 0x50ba5ff
fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 19526(tid 1075396352):
internal error too early in init, can't recover
The system is too badly corrupted or confused to continue at the Lisp
level. If the system had been compiled with the SB-LDB feature, we'd drop
into the LDB low-level debugger now. But there's no LDB in this build, so
we can't really do anything but just exit, sorry.

/home/bil/cmn/ /home/bil/test/sbcl-0.9.3-x86-linux/src/runtime/sbcl --core /home/bil/test/sbcl-0.9.3-x86-linux/output/sbcl.core
This is SBCL 0.9.3, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" {90043E9}>:
   Invalid external-format
internal error #29
     SC: 14, Offset: 4   lispobj 0x50ba5ff
fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 19530(tid 1075396352):
internal error too early in init, can't recover
The system is too badly corrupted or confused to continue at the Lisp
level. If the system had been compiled with the SB-LDB feature, we'd drop
into the LDB low-level debugger now. But there's no LDB in this build, so
we can't really do anything but just exit, sorry.

/home/bil/cmn/ /home/bil/test/sbcl-0.9.3-x86-linux/src/runtime/sbcl --core /home/bil/test/sbcl-0.9.3-x86-linux/output/sbcl.core
This is SBCL 0.9.3, an implementation of ANSI Common Lisp.
More information about SBCL is available at <http://www.sbcl.org/>.

SBCL is free software, provided as is, with absolutely no warranty.
It is mostly in the public domain; some portions are provided under
BSD-style licenses.  See the CREDITS and COPYING files in the
distribution for more information.
* (load "cmn-all.lisp")

Ta Da!  I'm glad I don't depend on sbcl for anything.