[CM] Intro Program - 2-part Invention

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:58:54 -0500

> I'm a newcomer to Common Music.  I'm using CLisp and WindowsXP.  Rick's
> Intro programs are running fine and sound good.

Hi im glad to hear that, i have almost no chance to boot windows to
test.

> Also to get started, I'd like to enter in some music - like for
> instance
> the Bach F major 2-part invention.
> Any advice on a sensible way to do this?

i would probably use import-events to load data in without typing
anything,  here is doc

	http://commonmusic.sf.net/doc/dict/import-events-fn.html

also look at the Example 2 of Fomus-file, which imports and notates:

	http://commonmusic.sf.net/doc/dict/fomus-file-cls.html

the 6-page pdf that resulted looked really good.

if you are using the cvs version of cm i just added some tutorials
yestarday cm/etc/tutorials