[CM] snd and fc4

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin@koti.soon.fi
Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:21:50 +0300

hi,

I installed a clean install of fedora core 4, and now snd (or any other
recording program) doesn't work. First I had an old snd from RH8.0 and
that works for playback but not for recording. Then I installed snd from
sources I had (snd-7) and that doesn't record either. The record button
turns to red, but time counter sticks at 0.0 and nothing gets recorded.
I can't even get the VU-meters show anything. Is this a known issue in
fc4? A quick search with google didn't reveal anything.
arecord records only silence and k3guitune's oscilloscope doesn't show
anything. None of the programs show any errors, dmesg shows that snd
uses obsolete OSS audio interface.

Where to start searching for cause of this?

TIA

-matti