[CM] CM for live performance

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:10:07 +0200 (CEST)

Ian Smith-Heisters:
> Howdy all,
>
> I've been using Pure Data to do live performance for a few years, but
> I'm getting frustrated with its patch paradigm, and I think I could
> produce better stuff in a text based language. So I've started to look
> at SuperCollider, JSyn, and CM. CM is the most attractive to me because
> I love Lisp and it's open source, whereas JSyn doesn't seem to be OSS.
>
> Does CM lend itself to live performance? Is it easy to build up GUIs for

If you use my k_guile external for PD, you can use common music
to control PD. You'll get clicks, though, because of guile's
garbage collector. But if you use two instances of pd and let one
of them do data with guile and the other do sound, you avoid the clicks.
http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/pd/

Supercollider with http://www.alphalink.com.au/~rd/sw/scheme.html
might be a better alternative though. And my work with realtime clm
in rt-compiler.scm/rt-engine.scm in snd is probably a bit too
immature right now.