[CM] Question to SND

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:31:41 -0700

 > This question has buzzeld me quite a bit, on my PC I have _two_
 > Soundcards one is a Soundplaster Live 5.1 the other a VIA chip ( on the
 > motherboard)
 >
 > How can I tell SND which Card it should use?

It's been years since I tried it, but it used to be the case that
you could choose the card (in Linux/OSS or the SGI) with the "system" portion
of the "device" argument to the various mus-audio-* functions.
I think I was using SGI terminology -- "system" means "sound card"
on a PC.  So the full device argument is (+ device (ash card-number 16)).
See rtio.scm which uses the function card+device.  There's also
the variable audio-output-device to set the default.